If you are creating your own custom instruments I will help you:
- Write questions and subscales that allow for easier analysis through statistical testing
- Integrate survey results into your dissertation
- Validate your survey instrument
- Speed up the IRB approval process by avoiding common errors and assumptions
I'll help you select the appropriate data collection methods
- Face to face interview
- Mail survey
- Web survey
I'll walk you through the implications of key terms and concepts
- Survey Instrument
- Interviews and questionnaires
- Response Structure
- Survey Error
- Analysis of non-response
Avoid the disasters of item bias in survey research
Many people believe it is easy to write good survey questions, but there are numerous ways to go wrong which will dramatically slow down your dissertation process at considerable cost to you in money and time. As an expert survey developer (and published author on the subject) I can help you write better questions that collect relevant data that addresses your questions. Some common pitfalls I can help you avoid include:
- Ambiguity – where the question is not clear
- Unfamiliar terms or jargon – which can lead to skipped questions, or, even worse, inappropriate answers
- Poor grammatical format – which pose many problems
- Hypothetical items – which may not be clear
- Language Differences – translation is very tricky for questionnaires
You're about to do some research. You've got an idea in your field and you hope to turn it into a grant or an...
[latexpage] In regression models of various kinds (e.g.Regression is a set of statistical techniques for relating a dependent variable to one or more independent...This is a talk I've given at Northeast SAS Users Group (NESUG) and at SAS Global Forum (SGF)Most generally, a dependent variable (DV) is something which we think depends on one or more independent...In statistics and research design, there are two types of study: Experiments and observational studies. Some...I will be giving a 4 hour course at SESUG in Savannah this fall. The course is titled: Lies, damn lies...Cluster analysis is a set of methods for finding subjects (people, corporations, drugs, whatever) that "go...In any form of regression model, we often think of the effects as additive. That is, we suppose that...
Statistical consulting for researchers in the social, behavioral and medical sciences.
Whether...Stevens (Stevens 1946) divided types of variables into four categories, and these have become entrenched in...In this article I showed some problems with the average or arithmetic mean and in this one I discussed...