If you are creating your own custom instruments I will help you:
- Write questions and subscales that allow for easier analysis through statistical testing
- Integrate survey results into your dissertation
- Validate your survey instrument
- Speed up the IRB approval process by avoiding common errors and assumptions
I'll help you select the appropriate data collection methods
- Face to face interview
- Mail survey
- Web survey
I'll walk you through the implications of key terms and concepts
- Survey Instrument
- Interviews and questionnaires
- Response Structure
- Survey Error
- Analysis of non-response
Avoid the disasters of item bias in survey research
Many people believe it is easy to write good survey questions, but there are numerous ways to go wrong which will dramatically slow down your dissertation process at considerable cost to you in money and time. As an expert survey developer (and published author on the subject) I can help you write better questions that collect relevant data that addresses your questions. Some common pitfalls I can help you avoid include:
- Ambiguity – where the question is not clear
- Unfamiliar terms or jargon – which can lead to skipped questions, or, even worse, inappropriate answers
- Poor grammatical format – which pose many problems
- Hypothetical items – which may not be clear
- Language Differences – translation is very tricky for questionnaires
Often, when reading a statistics book, you will see some variation on the phrase "independent data". Many...
Question: How does ridge regression work? My answer: OLS models are BLUE - best linear unbiased...
Question: Is the method of determining outliers by flagging data that are more than 3 standard deviations away...
Two terms that are frequently confused are moderation and mediation: Definitions...
If you often have regression problems in which you have a great many independent variables, partial least...
Today, I will discuss ease of learning. Unlike the earlier post (and, I hope, most of the ones to come) this...
This is a talk that I will give at NESUG in the fall.
When I was in graduate school, one professor actually said "If you don't understand the results, just report...
Statistical consulting for researchers in the social, behavioral and medical sciences.
When dealing with ordinal data, many methods require you to assign a number or score to each level of a...
When we have quantitative data, one thing we often want to know is where the center is, and, for that, we can...
Question: What is principal component analysis in super-layman terms? My answer: Principal component...