If you are creating your own custom instruments I will help you:
- Write questions and subscales that allow for easier analysis through statistical testing
- Integrate survey results into your dissertation
- Validate your survey instrument
- Speed up the IRB approval process by avoiding common errors and assumptions
I'll help you select the appropriate data collection methods
- Face to face interview
- Mail survey
- Web survey
I'll walk you through the implications of key terms and concepts
- Survey Instrument
- Interviews and questionnaires
- Response Structure
- Survey Error
- Analysis of non-response
Avoid the disasters of item bias in survey research
Many people believe it is easy to write good survey questions, but there are numerous ways to go wrong which will dramatically slow down your dissertation process at considerable cost to you in money and time. As an expert survey developer (and published author on the subject) I can help you write better questions that collect relevant data that addresses your questions. Some common pitfalls I can help you avoid include:
- Ambiguity – where the question is not clear
- Unfamiliar terms or jargon – which can lead to skipped questions, or, even worse, inappropriate answers
- Poor grammatical format – which pose many problems
- Hypothetical items – which may not be clear
- Language Differences – translation is very tricky for questionnaires
Question: A disease is present in 5 out of 100 people, and a test that is 90% accurate is administered to 100...
In a previous post, I dealt with some SAS code for scatterplots. Various problems can arise when using...
Most generally, a dependent variable (DV) is something which we think depends on one or more independent...
Regression to the mean is a well known statistical artifact affecting correlated data that is not perfectly...
The title of this post is a quote from baseball great Yogi Berra. Yogi was famous for saying things that...
Today, I'll look at how to make and evaluate a good statistical argument. I'm going to base this on the...
So, you've got to read a statistics book. Maybe you're taking a statistics course, or maybe you are working on...
There are many reasons to write a grant, and many places to apply for one - from small grants for a few...Q: What does it mean when standard deviation is higher than the mean? My answer: It depends on the nature...This is a talk developed by David Cassell and me, and given at NESUG and SGF and WUSSQuestion: How do I calculate a t-test for proportion in a small sample of 8 to do hypothesis testing? My...