If you are creating your own custom instruments I will help you:
- Write questions and subscales that allow for easier analysis through statistical testing
- Integrate survey results into your dissertation
- Validate your survey instrument
- Speed up the IRB approval process by avoiding common errors and assumptions
I'll help you select the appropriate data collection methods
- Face to face interview
- Mail survey
- Web survey
I'll walk you through the implications of key terms and concepts
- Survey Instrument
- Interviews and questionnaires
- Response Structure
- Survey Error
- Analysis of non-response
Avoid the disasters of item bias in survey research
Many people believe it is easy to write good survey questions, but there are numerous ways to go wrong which will dramatically slow down your dissertation process at considerable cost to you in money and time. As an expert survey developer (and published author on the subject) I can help you write better questions that collect relevant data that addresses your questions. Some common pitfalls I can help you avoid include:
- Ambiguity – where the question is not clear
- Unfamiliar terms or jargon – which can lead to skipped questions, or, even worse, inappropriate answers
- Poor grammatical format – which pose many problems
- Hypothetical items – which may not be clear
- Language Differences – translation is very tricky for questionnaires
So, you've got to read a statistics book. Maybe you're taking a statistics course, or maybe you are working on...
Lately, across the statistical blogosphere, the repeating discussion of R vs. SAS has started up again. In...
When learning statistics, you may learn about ANOVA (analysis of variance), ANCOVA (analysis of covariance)...
[latexpage] On Quora, someone asked about hypothesis tests for skewness and kurtosis. I wrote an answer...
Regression refers to a collection of techniques for modeling one variable (the dependent variable or DV), as a...
I attended the 2015 meeting of the Southeast SAS Users' Group in Savannah, Georgia from September 27 - 29....
In any form of regression model, we often think of the effects as additive. That is, we suppose that...
Randomized controlled trials (RCTs) are generally regarded as the gold standard in assessing treatments. There...
[latexpage] In regression models of various kinds (e.g.After one measures central tendency or location of a variable, the next thing to measure is often spread or...Macros can be a very complex topic, but some very simple macros can make life easier for a data analyst or...PROC LOGISTIC can be used to run logistic regression on a dichotomous dependent variable. Often, these are...