Statistical Support For Grant Proposals
Do you need statistical support for grant proposals?
Statistical Support For Grant Proposals
How I Can Help You Get The Funding You Need
The proper preparation and presentation of your grant proposal is essential to getting the funding you need for your research project and to further your career. I’ve been through the process many times myself and I know how frustrating it can be. With my experience I can help you avoid many of the most common errors that lead to grant rejection.
# 1 Reason for Grant Rejection: A Poor Research Plan
Your grant proposal had a good chance of rejection if you cannot provide a convincing and compelling argument backed up with a plan for solid research methodology and expert level statistical analysis. In fact, the number one reason all grants get rejected is because of a poorly designed research plan, inappropriate methodology and lack of specific detail on the statistical treatment to be used. I can help you dramatically improve your chance of getting your funding by helping you develop a bullet-proof research plan with research methodology perfectly suited to the subject material and expert level recommendations for your statistical approach.
I’ll help you prepare a grant proposal that:
- Is built upon a sound hypothesis that will produce solid, useful and reliable results directed toward helping the funding agency better address the needs of its clients and community
- Presents a concrete research plan with detailed description of statistical analysis methodology, procedures, controls, and a solid evaluation plan to allow the funding agency to monitor effectiveness and assess whether the funds are making a difference.
- Use sound research methods that proved integrity and practical application to the problems and issues at hand
#2 Reason for Grant Rejection: Competence of InvestigatorsAs a researcher your expertise covers the primary field of study… but that usually does not involve being an expert level statistician. But the preparation of a successful grant proposal depends on the credentials of the individuals performing the research…. AND upon their track record or past research efforts. A huge percentage of all grant proposals go down in flames by failing to demonstrate the level of expertise required for the research proposed. I can help you with my extensive background in research methodology for the social sciences, psychometrics and statistics. I’ll help you build a compelling grant proposal that:
- Tackles complex investigations that yield useful new information that will have a positive impact on the policies, procedures or services of the funding agency
- Carefully tailors the basic hypothesis and proposed methodology to best suit your competency while providing the funding agency with tangible signs for effective working relative to major societal issues
- Has sufficient statistical analysis brain-power, solid credentials, and track record of successful research to take on the investigation
Experienced Research Methodology
- Experienced Statistical Analysis
- Quantitative Expertise
- Flexible Scheduling & Timely Ongoing Support (phone or email)
There are many reasons to write a grant, and many places to apply for one - from small grants for a few...
A frequentist fellow named Smith Kept silent (he pleaded the fifth) When the judge inquired Re assumptions...
If you are a PhD student you are probably aware that it is possible to buy a dissertation. There are lots of...
Regression is a set of statistical techniques for relating a dependent variable to one or more independent...
Sensitivity and specificity are measures of the effectiveness of a diagnostic test. Most often they are used...
In regression and ANOVA, an interaction occurs when the effect of one independent variable on the...
I introduced this series the other day. Next up in the list is "getting help". In both SAS and R, there are...
What is the mean? The average, or mean, or, more formally, the arithmetic mean, is one of the simplest...
When you have a categorical independent variable with more than 2 levels, you need to define it with a CLASS...
This is a book of recreational mathematics, but it is relatively serious. Several of the chapters have some...
When we have quantitative data, one thing we often want to know is where the center is, and, for that, we can...
Modus tollens in logic In logic, there is an argument style called modus tollens: If H0 then R Not R...