Statistical Support For Grant Proposals
Do you need statistical support for grant proposals?
Statistical Support For Grant Proposals
How I Can Help You Get The Funding You Need
The proper preparation and presentation of your grant proposal is essential to getting the funding you need for your research project and to further your career. I’ve been through the process many times myself and I know how frustrating it can be. With my experience I can help you avoid many of the most common errors that lead to grant rejection.
# 1 Reason for Grant Rejection: A Poor Research Plan
Your grant proposal had a good chance of rejection if you cannot provide a convincing and compelling argument backed up with a plan for solid research methodology and expert level statistical analysis. In fact, the number one reason all grants get rejected is because of a poorly designed research plan, inappropriate methodology and lack of specific detail on the statistical treatment to be used. I can help you dramatically improve your chance of getting your funding by helping you develop a bullet-proof research plan with research methodology perfectly suited to the subject material and expert level recommendations for your statistical approach.
I’ll help you prepare a grant proposal that:
- Is built upon a sound hypothesis that will produce solid, useful and reliable results directed toward helping the funding agency better address the needs of its clients and community
- Presents a concrete research plan with detailed description of statistical analysis methodology, procedures, controls, and a solid evaluation plan to allow the funding agency to monitor effectiveness and assess whether the funds are making a difference.
- Use sound research methods that proved integrity and practical application to the problems and issues at hand
#2 Reason for Grant Rejection: Competence of InvestigatorsAs a researcher your expertise covers the primary field of study… but that usually does not involve being an expert level statistician. But the preparation of a successful grant proposal depends on the credentials of the individuals performing the research…. AND upon their track record or past research efforts. A huge percentage of all grant proposals go down in flames by failing to demonstrate the level of expertise required for the research proposed. I can help you with my extensive background in research methodology for the social sciences, psychometrics and statistics. I’ll help you build a compelling grant proposal that:
- Tackles complex investigations that yield useful new information that will have a positive impact on the policies, procedures or services of the funding agency
- Carefully tailors the basic hypothesis and proposed methodology to best suit your competency while providing the funding agency with tangible signs for effective working relative to major societal issues
- Has sufficient statistical analysis brain-power, solid credentials, and track record of successful research to take on the investigation
Experienced Research Methodology
- Experienced Statistical Analysis
- Quantitative Expertise
- Flexible Scheduling & Timely Ongoing Support (phone or email)
BMI, or body mass index, is calculated by dividing by weight by height squared. Specifically, it's weight in...
This is a talk that I gave at NDRI. I also gave a version of this talk at Yale and at BrainScope
After one measures central tendency or location of a variable, the next thing to measure is often spread or...
Suppose your dependent variable (DV) is a Likert scale or something similar. That is, it's some sort of...
[latexpage] In regression models of various kinds (e.g.When we have quantitative data, one thing we often want to know is where the center is, and, for that, we can...There are many books that teach you to use SAS or that teach you to use R. There is at least one book that...I attended the 2015 meeting of the Southeast SAS Users' Group in Savannah, Georgia from September 27 - 29....Sensitivity and specificity are measures of the effectiveness of a diagnostic test. Most often they are used...[latexpage] In ordinary regression the model is: $ Y = \beta_0 + \beta_1x_1 + \beta_2_x_2 + .... +...On this site I have written quite a lot about regression analysis.
But what is...Question: How can any stochastic phenomenon follow a continuous distribution, since the probability of...