Statistical Support For Grant Proposals
Statistical Support For Grant Proposals
How I Can Help You Get The Funding You Need
The proper preparation and presentation of your grant proposal is essential to getting the funding you need for your research project and to further your career. I’ve been through the process many times myself and I know how frustrating it can be. With my experience I can help you avoid many of the most common errors that lead to grant rejection.
# 1 Reason for Grant Rejection: A Poor Research Plan
Your grant proposal had a good chance of rejection if you cannot provide a convincing and compelling argument backed up with a plan for solid research methodology and expert level statistical analysis. In fact, the number one reason all grants get rejected is because of a poorly designed research plan, inappropriate methodology and lack of specific detail on the statistical treatment to be used. I can help you dramatically improve your chance of getting your funding by helping you develop a bullet-proof research plan with research methodology perfectly suited to the subject material and expert level recommendations for your statistical approach.
I’ll help you prepare a grant proposal that:
- Is built upon a sound hypothesis that will produce solid, useful and reliable results directed toward helping the funding agency better address the needs of its clients and community
- Presents a concrete research plan with detailed description of statistical analysis methodology, procedures, controls, and a solid evaluation plan to allow the funding agency to monitor effectiveness and assess whether the funds are making a difference.
- Use sound research methods that proved integrity and practical application to the problems and issues at hand
#2 Reason for Grant Rejection: Competence of InvestigatorsAs a researcher your expertise covers the primary field of study… but that usually does not involve being an expert level statistician. But the preparation of a successful grant proposal depends on the credentials of the individuals performing the research…. AND upon their track record or past research efforts. A huge percentage of all grant proposals go down in flames by failing to demonstrate the level of expertise required for the research proposed. I can help you with my extensive background in research methodology for the social sciences, psychometrics and statistics. I’ll help you build a compelling grant proposal that:
- Tackles complex investigations that yield useful new information that will have a positive impact on the policies, procedures or services of the funding agency
- Carefully tailors the basic hypothesis and proposed methodology to best suit your competency while providing the funding agency with tangible signs for effective working relative to major societal issues
- Has sufficient statistical analysis brain-power, solid credentials, and track record of successful research to take on the investigation
Experienced Research Methodology
- Experienced Statistical Analysis
- Quantitative Expertise
- Flexible Scheduling & Timely Ongoing Support (phone or email)
Schedule your FREE 30 Minute Consultation
Let’s discuss the details of your project to see if my expertise in statistical data analysis can help you build better dissertations, write more compelling grant submissions and test your hypotheses with solid statistical analysis techniques.
Whenever you run a SAS program, you should look at the log file. In fact, I have set up keys on my SAS...
This is a talk developed by David Cassell and me, and given at NESUG and SGF and WUSS
The t-test is a statistical test of whether two sample means (averages) or proportions are equal. It was...
[latexpage] In regression models of various kinds (e.g.When the dependent variable is continuous, we would ordinarily first think of linear regression. It's a very...When I was in graduate school, one professor actually said "If you don't understand the results, just report...I introduced this series the other day. Next up in the list is "getting help". In both SAS and R, there are...A young statistician name Myers Says tenure is all he desires But his dreams won't be met, He'll be fired,...Macros can be a very complex topic, but some very simple macros can make life easier for a data analyst or...When learning statistics, you may learn about ANOVA (analysis of variance), ANCOVA (analysis of covariance)...Sensitivity and specificity are measures of the effectiveness of a diagnostic test. Most often they are used...There are many books that teach you to use SAS or that teach you to use R. There is at least one book that...