Statistical Consulting Questions
HomeStatistical Consulting Questions
Statistical Consulting Questions
What is statistical consulting?
- Helping you design appropriate and valid experiments
- Assisting with selecting and analyzing of instruments
- Guiding you in determining required sample size for valid results
- Working with you to select and conduct statistical analysis
- Coaching you with the interpretation, writing-up and explaining of your results
When in the process should I seek statistical analysis consultation?Properly planned statistical analysis is the basis for a successful dissertation. Get in touch with a trained statistical expert as early in the process as possible. Avoid the headache and expense of having to re-do work because you got off on the wrong foot. .… In fact, call me as soon as you have an idea of what you want to do!
Who is typical statistical consulting client?
- Doctoral students from multiple disciplines who are struggling with research statistics, sample size determination or interpretation of statistics.
- Graduate students looking for an accepted and ethical way to more quickly and effectively develop and complete their dissertation.
What qualifications should a good statistical consultant have?A solid background in statistics and social / behavioral sciences is the ideal combination. You’ll get expert level understanding of how to effectively use statistical data analysis together with the knowledge of solid research methods and techniques. It’s a winning combination you won’t get by hiring a consultant who is a statistician alone.
What are the main benefits of hiring a statistical consultant?
- To help you move through the dissertation process faster
- To offer guidance if you get stuck somewhere in their research, analyses or statistical procedures
- To show you how to avoid common upfront errors that cause delays and costly mistakes later on in the process
- To help you more easily grasp complex statistical and data oriented concepts that are outside your area of expertise.
What will you do as my statistical consultant?I will review your research hypotheses, instruments, data analysis plan, sample size calculation, and assist with your methodology and results chapters of your dissertation.
This is a paper for NESUG (NorthEast SAS Users' Group) 2010, which you can see as a PDF articleNESUG2010.
When we have quantitative data, one thing we often want to know is where the center is, and, for that, we can...
When you have a categorical independent variable with more than 2 levels, you need to define it with a CLASS...There are many reasons to write a grant, and many places to apply for one - from small grants for a few...These are the slides for a talk at New York Area SAS Users' Group on June 2, 2011.There are many books that teach you to use SAS or that teach you to use R. There is at least one book that...Most generally, a dependent variable (DV) is something which we think depends on one or more independent...This is a talk that I gave at NDRI. I also gave a version of this talk at Yale and at BrainScopeA frequentist fellow named Smith Kept silent (he pleaded the fifth) When the judge inquired Re assumptions...PROC LOGISTIC can be used to run logistic regression on a dichotomous dependent variable. Often, these are...Often, when reading a statistics book, you will see some variation on the phrase "independent data". Many...