What is statistical consulting?
- Helping you design appropriate and valid experiments
- Assisting with selecting and analyzing of instruments
- Guiding you in determining required sample size for valid results
- Working with you to select and conduct statistical analysis
- Coaching you with the interpretation, writing-up and explaining of your results
When in the process should I seek statistical analysis consultation?
Properly planned statistical analysis is the basis for a successful dissertation. Get in touch with a trained statistical expert as early in the process as possible. Avoid the headache and expense of having to re-do work because you got off on the wrong foot. .… In fact, call me as soon as you have an idea of what you want to do!
Who is typical statistical consulting client?
- Doctoral students from multiple disciplines who are struggling with research statistics, sample size determination or interpretation of statistics.
- Graduate students looking for an accepted and ethical way to more quickly and effectively develop and complete their dissertation.
A few graduates hold back from hiring a consultant thinking it will be frowned upon but that is not the case. In clinical disciplines you are trained to seek a consult if you are unsure how to handle a clinical issue. Your dissertation committee understands that you are not a trained mathematical statistician and often advise graduate students to seek expert advice to facilitate the dissertation process.
As a trained methodologist and statistician I have been through the dissertation process of selecting sample size, performing statistical analyses, and a lot more for many students helping them with techniques they would never have learned during their one or two standard research method or statistics courses.
What qualifications should a good statistical consultant have?
A solid background in statistics and social / behavioral sciences is the ideal combination. You’ll get expert level understanding of how to effectively use statistical data analysis together with the knowledge of solid research methods and techniques. It’s a winning combination you won’t get by hiring a consultant who is a statistician alone.
What are the main benefits of hiring a statistical consultant?
- To help you move through the dissertation process faster
- To offer guidance if you get stuck somewhere in their research, analyses or statistical procedures
- To show you how to avoid common upfront errors that cause delays and costly mistakes later on in the process
- To help you more easily grasp complex statistical and data oriented concepts that are outside your area of expertise.
What will you do as my statistical consultant?
I will review your research hypotheses, instruments, data analysis plan, sample size calculation, and assist with your methodology and results chapters of your dissertation.
Schedule Your FREE 30 Minute Consultation
Let’s discuss the details of your project to see if my expertise in statistical data analysis can help you build better dissertations, write more compelling grant submissions and test your hypotheses with solid statistical analysis techniques. To achieve your goals faster please remember to supply complete contact information including your phone or cell number. A quick call can often save a lot of emails back and forth.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon!
~ Peter Flom ~
Required fields are marked *.
Or call me directly right now at: (917) 488-7176 to schedule a FREE 30 Minute Consultation.
Peter Flom Consulting
5 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10001