Your choice of survey instrument used to gather data for your research is critical. If you are using established instruments I will walk you through the validity and reliability of the information and the appropriate statistical analysis for the instrument. Plus, I will assist you in integrating the results into your dissertation.
If you are creating your own custom instruments I will help you:
- Write questions and subscales that allow for easier analysis through statistical testing
- Integrate survey results into your dissertation
- Validate your survey instrument
- Speed up the IRB approval process by avoiding common errors and assumptions
I’ll help you select the appropriate data collection methods
- Face to face interview
- Mail survey
- Web survey
I’ll walk you through the implications of key terms and concepts
- Survey Instrument
- Interviews and questionnaires
- Response Structure
- Survey Error
- Analysis of non-response
Avoid the disasters of item bias in survey research
Many people believe it is easy to write good survey questions, but there are numerous ways to go wrong which will dramatically slow down your dissertation process at considerable cost to you in money and time. As an expert survey developer (and published author on the subject) I can help you write better questions that collect relevant data that addresses your questions. Some common pitfalls I can help you avoid include:
- Ambiguity – where the question is not clear
- Unfamiliar terms or jargon – which can lead to skipped questions, or, even worse, inappropriate answers
- Poor grammatical format – which pose many problems
- Hypothetical items – which may not be clear
- Language Differences – translation is very tricky for questionnaires
Schedule Your FREE 30 Minute Consultation
Let’s discuss the details of your project to see if my expertise in statistical data analysis can help you build better dissertations, write more compelling grant submissions and test your hypotheses with solid statistical analysis techniques. To achieve your goals faster please remember to supply complete contact information including your phone or cell number. A quick call can often save a lot of emails back and forth.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon!
~ Peter Flom ~
Required fields are marked *.
Or call me directly right now at: (917) 488-7176 to schedule a FREE 30 Minute Consultation.
Peter Flom Consulting
5 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10001