As a student your area of expertise is not statistics. Yet the preparation of a successful dissertation involves conducting effective research, analyzing data and presenting the results… all of which require a high level of mathematical and statistical expertise.
Hiring a statistical consultant lets you focus on becoming an expert in your field of study rather than try to master statistics.I can help you develop a successful dissertation from proposal to defense and can offer assistance with any or all of these steps:
- Research Methodology – get your dissertation research started on the right track and you’ll save yourself loads of time and energy later on in the process. I can show you how to avoid common mistakes and assumptions.
- Research Design – the reliability of you results is crucial to your success. I can show you the best ways to design research to test your hypothesis
- the basis of the predetermined theory being tested. They must also be operationalized. I’ll be there to give you experienced guidance and the necessary statistical expertise.
- Sample Size Calculation and justification – It is often difficult to select the right sample size. Too small a sample – and you may not be able to give good evidence for your hypothesis. Too large a sample, and you waste time, effort and money collecting data. I can work with you to do an appropriate power analysis so that you select an appropriate sample size and can justify it to your committee.
- Statistical techniques – there are many statistical methods that serve a wide variety of purposes I’ll work with you to select the one that answers your questions, so that your substantive questions drive the statistical analysis, rather than the other w around. These methods include:
- Linear regression
- Dichotomous logistic regression
- Ordinal logistic regression
- Multinomial logistic regression
- Quantile regression
- Poisson regression and other methods for count data
- Various types of survival analysis
- Multilevel models of various kinds
- LogLinear models
- Factor analysis
- Principal component analysis
- Multidimensional scaling
- Cluster analysis
- Additve models
- Multiple imputation
- An extensive array of graphical procedures
- Validity and Reliability of Results – valid research requires much more that simply collecting data and conducting statistical analysis. I can help you determine the reliability and validity of your instruments.
- Interpretation of Results – Accurate interpretation of results and presentation of results in an appropriate format can make or break your dissertation. I can help you pull your research together into a compelling presentation that is reliable and valid.
Schedule Your FREE 30 Minute Consultation
Let’s discuss the details of your project to see if my expertise in statistical data analysis can help you build better dissertations, write more compelling grant submissions and test your hypotheses with solid statistical analysis techniques. To achieve your goals faster please remember to supply complete contact information including your phone or cell number. A quick call can often save a lot of emails back and forth.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon!
~ Peter Flom ~
Required fields are marked *.
Or call me directly right now at: (917) 488-7176 to schedule a FREE 30 Minute Consultation.
Peter Flom Consulting
5 Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10001