Sample Client List
HomeSample Client List
Statistical Analysis Consulting Projects
The clients I have worked with on a consulting basis have given me the opportunity to apply my statistical analysis expertise to research in education, social work and other social science settings. Here is a brief sampling of individuals and organizations I have been able to help:
- Carol Tosone and her colleagues at NYU School of Social Work, in analysis of a large survey of social workers reactions to 9/11.
- Al Pach on a study of cholera and its prevention in India and other places.
- Karyn Rode on a study of polar bears in Alaska.
- Susan Witte at Columbia University School of Social Work, analyzing a survey of commercial sex workers in Mongolia.
- Nabila el-Bassel, also of CUSSW has employed me a number of times, most recently in analyzing a survey of illicit drug users in New York.
- Joan Stamler, of TurnAround for Children, in analyzing a complex longitudinal study of the effect of an intervention in public schools.
When you have univariate data, that is, a single measure on a variety of units, the most common statistical...
Suppose your dependent variable (DV) is a Likert scale or something similar. That is, it's some sort of...
When the dependent variable is continuous, we would ordinarily first think of linear regression. It's a very...
What is the mean? The average, or mean, or, more formally, the arithmetic mean, is one of the simplest...
When learning statistics, you may learn about ANOVA (analysis of variance), ANCOVA (analysis of covariance)...
These are the slides from 4 hour course I gave at SESUG.This is a book of recreational mathematics, but it is relatively serious. Several of the chapters have some...Two terms that are frequently confused are moderation and mediation: Definitions...Cluster analysis is a set of methods for finding subjects (people, corporations, drugs, whatever) that "go...If you often have regression problems in which you have a great many independent variables, partial least...After one measures central tendency or location of a variable, the next thing to measure is often spread or...In statistics and research design, there are two types of study: Experiments and observational studies. Some...